Universities With A High Acceptance Rate In Australia For International Students
Why is Australia amongst the top study abroad destinations in the world? This is because there are a number of universities with a high acceptance rate in Australia even for international students. With easy admission criteria, there are more students from overseas choosing some of the top universities in Australia.
You’ll be surprised if you check the international student count in the top cities of Australia which include New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, and so on. Take a look at the chart below. You can see the distribution of international students in Australia region wise.
Source: By Cecii 97
You can zero down on your choice of university basis the best student cities in Australia as recommended by students. From that, you can see that around 3,33,913 international students live in New South Wales alone. Victoria and Queensland come next amongst the cities with the most affordable colleges with a high acceptance rate in Australia.
Top Universities With A High Acceptance Rate In Australia
University Of Divinity
Established over a century ago in the year 1910, the University of Divinity is known to be the easiest university to get into in Australia. The University of Divinity offers diplomas, undergraduate degrees, graduate certificates and diplomas, postgraduate degrees and higher degrees by research in the fields of theology, philosophy, and ministry. It has been ranked in Australia to be one of the best universities that offers 92% satisfaction to graduates. You will be required to pay an amount of AUD $300 as your application fee.
- Students with a prior Bachelor or Masters degree may opt for study at either undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Applicants who have the Victorian Certificate of Education, International Baccalaureate or equivalent are eligible to apply for all the courses.
- Applicants who do not have the above qualifications may apply to enter the Diploma in Theology, and, on completion, use the Diploma as a pathway into further undergraduate studies.
- Domestic applicants with overseas qualifications are eligible to apply if their prior studies were taken at a Recognised Institution of the University
- English Language requirements include:
– IELTS — 6.5 with no band less than 6
– TOEFL — 79
– PTE — 58 with no band less than 50
The average tuition fees for studying at the University of Divinity is AUD $14,688 per year. In addition to being one of the best universities with a high acceptance rate in Australia, the university also provides financial support for students through scholarships to study in Australia.
La Trobe University
La Trobe University ranks among the best 1.3% of the total 20,000 universities in the world. The university is known to accept over 7,000 international students coming from 110 countries every year. Moreover, it has also secured a rank of 14 in Australia in terms of employability levels provided. One of the top universities with a high acceptance rate in Australia, it offers over 3,200 subjects in the following disciplines:
- IT and Engineering
- Business and Commerce
- Law and Criminology
- Education and Teaching
- Arts, Social Sciences, and Communications
The academic requirements for studying in this university are dependent on the programme you’re opting for. Make sure to meet the minimum academic requirements as specified in your course programme. Since La Trobe’s mode of educational conduct is in English, an IELTS score is required to be submitted. La Trobe university considered to be among the easy admission universities in Australia as you only require the following documents in addition to your course specifications to get into La Trobe university:
- Valid Passport
- IELTS Exam Score
- GRE Exam Score (in some courses)
- Academic Transcripts along with Backlog Certificate (if any)
- Statement of Purpose in every course
- Two or more Letter of Recommendations (mandatory for MBA)
- Student CV
University Of The Sunshine Coast
The University of the Sunshine Coast is located in Queensland, Australia. It has an urban-style campus with over 16,000 students enrolled. Not only are the application fees nil, but the USC university is known for accepting a large number of rural students in addition to international students. This makes it one among the universities with a high acceptance rate in Australia. The university offers more than120 undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in a variety of subjects, such as engineering, tourism, tropical health care, genetics, and other marine sciences.
To enter into a USC programme, you must meet the following:
- Be at least 18 years of age when you start to study
- You need to have completed a minimum level of education similar to successful completion of Australian Year 12 with good grades for UG programmes and completion of bachelor’s for PG programmes
- Tertiary preparation pathway
- Provide necessary documentation like standardized test scores, academic qualifications, SOP’s, LOR’s, and a CV.
James Cook University
James Cook University (JCU) is a comprehensive research-intensive university. JCU is ranked among the top 30 young universities by the Times Higher Education. Over 21,500 students from more than 100 countries study at JCU’s campuses. It offers various study options in subject areas including business; arts and social sciences; environmental management; information technology; engineering; health studies; medicine; and law, to name a few. What makes JCU one of the best universities in Australia with a high acceptance rate? JCU also offers several international pathway programs for those students who do not meet the English or academic entry requirements which are needed for direct entry.